TEN PRACTICAL RULES OF HELPING OTHERS GET ESTEEM. By Norman Vincent Peale.
- Learn to remember names. A man’s /woman’s name is very important to him/her.
- Be a comfortable person with yourself.
- Acquire the quality of easy-goingness.
- Do not be egotistical
- Cultivate the quality of being interesting so that people will want to be with you.
- Study to get scratchy elements out of your personality.
- Sincerely attempt to heal every misunderstanding you have had.
- Practice liking people until you get to do it genuinely.
- Never miss an opportunity to say a word of congratulation upon anyone’s achievement or express sympathy or sorrow or disappointment.
- Get a deep spiritual experience so that you have something to give to people that will help them be stronger and meet life more effectively.